Welcome to Get Healthy CT!
Articles of interest
More articles » »
- Couch to 5K- With the arrival of fall comes the arrival of cool weather, along with a new opportunity and desire to get outside. It’s time to get up off the couch and get active now!
- Get Healthy Connecticut encourages locals to shop at farmers markets- Since local produce travels fewer miles to get to your plate, it will not only taste better but it is fresher and more nutritious.
- Milford Road Runners a 10k a day.....or close enough- The Milford Road Runners sponsors a free Kids Summer Track Series. Kids will get to participate in a variety of running events from the 60m dash all the way up to the mile.
The series starts Thursday July 10, 2014 at 6pm at Platt Tech High School at the track. The series ends on Thursday August 21, 2014. Each week there will be a different give away for the kids and no matter how your child does they will get a ribbon for each event they run.
There will also be a couple adult events, including the very popular adult mile. So bring your running shoes too!
- Childhood obesity more expensive than a year of college- The toll childhood obesity takes on Americans' lifelong health is well documented, but new research from Duke University looks at its lifetime monetary price tag.
- Bridgeport fitness rating not so simple
- Free Yoga Classes- Free Yoga Classes for Bridgeport Residents!